Getting service for your AC or heater isn’t complicated -- just call an AC service company for help. But getting expert service is more difficult. At Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating, we’ve been serving the VA area for over 30 years, which means when you call us, you’re getting service with experience that’s tough to match.
Not sure if you need an AC repair or replacement? Check out our air conditioning repairs page and find out!
We offer the following AC services to keep you cool:
- Air Conditioning Repairs and Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Refrigeration Repair
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
- Heat Pump Services
When to Call an Air Conditioning Contractor
You’re used to your AC running efficiently year in and year out, but sometimes, you’re not satisfied with the unit’s performance. The key in these situations is to not ignore the problem and hope it gets better because it won’t. Here are five situations you need a reliable air conditioner repair company.
- Leaking Fluid: Whether it’s moisture build-up or refrigerant leaks, excess moisture is a concern that needs a professional to handle.
- Lack of Cold Air: If the air coming out of your vents isn’t as cold as it used to be, or won’t get as cold as you like, don’t ignore it and call an expert for an inspection before it gets worse.
- Unusual Noise: Everyone’s AC makes noise, but when you hear something out of the ordinary such as grinding or squealing, it’s time to take immediate action and call a professional.
- Foul Smelling Air: The air coming out of your AC should be clean and fresh, so if you notice a burning smell or moldy smell, it’s a sign of a serious problem.
- Short Cycling: If your AC cycles on and off, it means it can’t maintain the desired temperature and it could be an issue with your thermostat.
What Causes AC Problems?
Residents of VA know how hot it gets during the summer, which is why they rely on their air conditioners to keep their families cool and comfortable. The last thing you need is to have a major AC issue that knocks out your unit for a spell. Here are the common causes of AC problems and when you need to call an AC service company.
- Low/No Refrigerant
- Evaporator Coils Freeze
- Your Condenser Coils are Dirty
- The Fan Does not Work Properly
- You Have Leaks in Your Ductwork
- The Drains are Clogged
- Your Thermostat Isn’t Working
If you notice your AC acting in a way you’re not used to, call a professional for a tune up and inspection.
Don’t think your home is a good fit for an AC? Check out our ductless mini split AC systems and find out how effective they can be.
Why Hire Us?
One of the most important things to consider when hiring a company to fix your AC is whether they have the experience to get the job done right the first time. With Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating, we have over 30 years under our belts helping residents here in the VA area. We go above and beyond to communicate what we’re doing to our customers so you’re always informed before deciding. And last, our techs respect your home, and never leave a mess.