Hot water in your Sterling home can be a costly proposition. According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), water heating accounts for 20 percent of your home’s energy use.
Purchasing the right water heater—and keeping it maintained—can make a significant difference in your energy bills. At Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating, we always try to recommend the best heating, cooling, and plumbing products and services for your Virginia home. We believe saving money and staying comfortable should always go hand in hand.
That includes your water heater!
Lower Your Water Heating Bills
Upgrading to a high-efficiency water heater offers the best way to save money without compromising comfort. A new water heater minimizes the risk of a costly repair—and the possibility of a leak.
Here are a few other money-saving tips to consider:
- Many water heater temperatures can be set as high as 140 degrees. Lowering your water heater to 120 degrees will save you money and provide you with all the hot water you need.
- A conventional water heater constantly heats water—even when you’re sleeping or away from your Sterling home. That drives up your cost. Buy a water heater timer that’s easy to install and set it to the times you shower and do laundry and dishes.
- Insulate exposed pipes to minimize heat loss—especially if you live in an older home.
Choosing a Water Heater
Choosing the right model and size for your household needs can make a big difference in your comfort and budget. Our team at Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating will work with you to ensure you pick the best system for your home.
Here are five of the more common water heaters you will find in homes:
- Conventional storage tank water heaters remain the most common models in Virginia and other parts of the country. It’s easy to see why: these systems are relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and can operate reliably for many years.
- Tankless water heaters supply water on demand. When you turn on the faucet, cold water runs through heated coils to provide an endless hot water supply. These systems cost more upfront than storage tank water heaters but operate more efficiently since they only heat water when you need it.
- Heat pump water heaters—also known as hybrid systems—are great options if you live in a warmer climate. A heat pump water heater uses substantially less energy than a conventional tank. But to enjoy the best results from these models, you need to live in a location where the temperature remains above 40 degrees year-round.
- Condensing water heaters use your boiler or furnace as a heating source. These systems capture additional heat from flue gases that would otherwise escape through your chimney. A condensing water heater will save you significant money if you live in a household that runs on natural gas.
- Solar power water heaters are becoming a popular option for many households in the southwest part of the country. These systems are true energy savers—but they are dependent on sunlight.
Whatever choice you make, you can count on Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating to install it correctly and help maintain it so that you enjoy the most value from your investment. Call us today for a free consultation.
Water Heater Installation and Replacement
A well-maintained water heater will last 15 years or longer without any issues. When you are ready to replace your water or want to upgrade to a high-efficiency model, give us a call. Our licensed professionals at Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating install, replace, repair, and maintain all major water heater brands.
Work with a team that never takes shortcuts when installing heating, cooling, or plumbing equipment. Your water heater works overtime on many days—be sure to have it installed correctly.
At Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating, we offer flexible financing options to help you create your dream home. Our forms are easy to fill out, and you can expect a quick response.
Water Heater Repairs in Sterling
Nobody wants to go a day without hot water. Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating offers fast, reliable service to help keep our Virginia customers safe and comfortable. Here are some of the more common issues with water heaters:
- A leaking tank
- A stuck valve
- Faulty pilot light
- Loose parts
- A broken part
We are a bonded, licensed, and insured company. You can always count on receiving accurate upfront pricing and a clear scope of the project before we begin any work. Our core values at Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating start with trust and integrity.
Call the Water Heater Experts Today
Upgrade the water heater in your Sterling, VA, home, and start saving money today. Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating has a licensed and experienced staff ready to help with all your heating, cooling, and plumbing needs. Call us today at 703-659-4598 or request service online.