Reston, VA residents rely on their air conditioners to keep their families cool and comfortable all summer long. So when their system is on the fritz, they need a reliable, AC contractor who can solve the problem quickly - that’s why they call Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating.
If you’re still on the fence about calling us, see what your friends have to say about our service on our customer reviews page.
4 Signs You Need Emergency AC Repair
Before your AC fails, it’s wise to become familiar with the warning signs telling you it’s not functioning properly, and that you need to call an AC contractor. Call us if you notice:
- A reduction in the air flow coming out of the vents
- Your AC runs but doesn’t blow cold air
- The thermostat clicks on, but the AC doesn’t function
- The air conditioner short cycles, constantly turning on and shutting right off
Is It Better to Repair or Replace Your AC?
Most homeowners don’t want to think about putting in a new air conditioner; it’s expensive, and it creates havoc in your home. However, instead of putting money into an aging system, consider these tips when thinking about repairing your system.
- If your AC is over 20 years old, it’s at the end of its useful life and you’re better off with a new unit
- If your air conditioner is costing you more money in energy bills because of its inefficiency, a new installation is your best bet
- If the cost of the repairs will be 50% or more than that of a new system, getting a new one makes better financial sense
Want to know more about our founder, Frank? Check out his story on our About Us page.
How to Care for Your Air Conditioner
If you want to keep expensive repairs at bay, ensure your air conditioner runs efficiently, and lasts as long as possible, it’s essential that you perform regular maintenance on it as you would with any other machine. Here are things you can do to keep your AC in tip-top shape:
- Keep your air filters clean
- Make sure the vents and ducts are free from obstruction
- Insulate your home to reduce the load on the AC
- Call an air conditioning service company for annual maintenance and tune ups.