Here in Manassas, VA, temperatures can get downright nasty during the winter. And our residents expect their heaters to work day in and out to keep them comfortable all winter long. When you have a heating issue, it’s not only uncomfortable, it can be unhealthy. Call Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating for quick, expert service.
Don’t know if we’re the right 24 hour heating repair company for you? Check out our customer reviews and call us for an appointment.
Don’t Ignore These Heater Warning Signs
Manassas residents depend on their heaters to get them through the harsh winters, and the last thing you need is for your system to fail when the temperature is at its lowest. Get to know these warning signs your heater is ready to fail and call a heating contractor for help.
- Air doesn’t get as hot as it used to
- Heater blows cold air
- You hear sounds like squealing, grinding or popping
- The heater can’t maintain the desired temperature
If you notice any of these issues, call a furnace contractor for repair before the worst happens.
How to Extend the Life of Your Heater
If you don’t like the thought of replacing your heater, here are things you can do to keep it running efficiently and to extend its life for as long as possible.
- Change out the dirty filter with a clean one every month
- Keep your vents and registers free from obstruction
- If you have a gas furnace, make sure the pilot flame is blue not yellow or orange
- Increase home’s insulation to take stress off the heater
- Call a heating contractor for annual furnace maintenance and tune-ups
Want to know more about Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating? Read about how we started on our About Us page.
When to Replace Your Heater
Getting a new heating installation and replacement is an expensive task that most homeowners would like to avoid if they could. However, like any machine, your heater breaks down and repairing it isn’t feasible anymore. Here’s how to know when it’s time to get a new system.
- If your current heater is over 20 years old, it’s at the end of its life
- If you’re repairing your heater more frequently, it’s better to spend that money towards a new system
- If your energy bills are increasing because your heater is old and inefficient, getting a new unit will save you money and heat your home better
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription