Here in Sterling, VA, residents experience harsh winters with plummeting temperatures. At Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating, we’ve been serving the people here for over 30 years, and our expert technicians are standing by ready to help you whenever you need a heating service company for emergency repairs or new installations.
Is your heater over 20 years old? Find out if it’s time to upgrade your heater.
We offer the following heating and furnace services:
- Heater Repairs and Maintenance
- Heater Installation and Replacement
- Furnace Repairs and Maintenance
- Furnace Installation and Replacement
- Heat Pump Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Water Heater Services
When Should You Replace Your Heater?
Replacing a heater is something most homeowners put off because of the hassle and expense. However, your heater is like any other machine in that it breaks down and repairs are no longer feasible. The best way to know when it’s time to replace your heater is based on its age. The average heater lasts about 18-20 years, and after that, a replacement is necessary. Also, if the cost and frequency of repairs increases, consider upgrading to a new model. If you’re still not sure, call a furnace service company like Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating and ask for advice.
Signs Your Heater is Failing
The last thing you want is to turn on your heater when the temperature drops and find out it’s failed. Get to know the warning signs that your heater isn’t well so you can call for help and avoid a disaster.
- Rise in utility bills: As your heater ages, it becomes less efficient and costs more money to operate.
- Frequent repairs: More frequent repairs signals your heater is nearing the end of its life.
- You’re uncomfortable: Do you have to constantly adjust the thermostat to keep warm? If so, it’s a sign your heater can’t keep up with your demands.
- Strange sounds: Any time your heater makes a squealing, banging, popping or rattling sound is a sign of trouble.
Call a heating service company as soon as you notice trouble with your heater so it can be fixed before complete shutdown.
Is your pilot light yellow instead of blue? Check out our furnace repairs and find out what could be the problem and then call for an appointment.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Heating Contractor
Your heater is a complex machine you rely on to keep your family warm and comfortable during the winter. When something goes wrong, it’s natural to want to fix it yourself to save a few bucks, but hiring a professional has several advantages over doing it yourself.
- You often get a guarantee on the work
- You get experts trained to fix the problem
- The problem is fixed more quickly
- Professional work means fewer issues
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription