Whether winter is just around the corner or at your front door, you need to know that your furnace is ready to keep your family warm and comfortable all season long. If you’re in the Chantilly, VA area, call Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating and ask about our furnace maintenance and tune-ups to be sure your system is ready for go-time!
We don’t say we’re the best, but our customer reviews do!
Why You Shouldn’t Ignore Furnace Maintenance
Many people don’t think about their furnace until something breaks. And too often, the problem is severe enough that it causes the system to fail. You can prevent most major repairs by performing regular maintenance on your system such as changing the filters every month, making sure the vents and ducts are clear, and calling an HVAC contractor for annual maintenance and tune-ups.
Top 5 Reasons Your Furnace is Failing
Imagine the temperature dropping and turning on your furnace and getting no heat. It happens, and when it does, you’re left scrambling trying to find a repair crew to help. Here are five signs that your furnace is failing.
- The thermostat clicks on, but the furnace doesn’t respond
- The furnace makes unusual sounds like popping, grinding or squealing
- Your furnace blows cold air
- The air coming out of your vents smells moldy
- The furnace can’t maintain the temperature set by the thermostat
Get to know more about Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating on our About Us page.
When to Replace Your Furnace
Replacing your furnace is an expensive job that most homeowners put off for as long as possible. But sometimes, a replacement is better for your home and your wallet than a repair even if it doesn’t seem so. Here’s how to know:
- A furnace over 20 years old is at the end of its useful life
- If the parts to repair your furnace are getting harder to get
- If your energy bills are rising because of your inefficient and aging furnace
- If the repair bill for your furnace is 50% or more than the cost of new
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription