Here in Sterling, VA, we know how hot it gets during the summers. With record heat the last few years, residents rely more heavily on their air conditioners than ever. Whether you have a nagging issue or a complete shutdown, call Garneski Air Conditioning & Heating for 24 hour AC service!
Is your AC over 20 years old? If so, check out our air conditioning installation page for deals on new, high efficiency systems.
Signs You Need AC Repair
The last thing you want during the hot summer months is for your AC to fail, but it happens to many people here in Sterling, VA. The key to preventing complete failure is to fix little issues before they become large ones. Here are five signs you need to call a central AC repair company.
- On/Off Cycling: An AC that cycles on and off quickly is in bad shape and needs immediate attention.
- Strange Noises: If your AC makes a noise you’ve not heard before such as squealing or grinding, call a specialist right away.
- No Cold Air: Warm air or air that’s not as cold as you like is a sign your AC is becoming worn out. Call a professional for an inspection and tune up.
- High Energy Bills: As your AC ages, it becomes less efficient, which leads to higher energy bills. A maintenance and service call may be able to help.
- Fluid Leaks: Any time you see leaking fluid or moisture buildup is a sign there’s a serious problem. Call an AC repair services company as soon as possible.
How to Prevent AC Failure
An AC that fails during the summer is a hassle, and can leave you and your family miserable. However, you can prevent catastrophic failure by maintaining your AC to keep it running efficiently and fix little problems before they become big ones down the road. Change your filters regularly is the first step to a healthy AC. Also, consider hiring a professional to come in once a year for an AC tune up to ensure your system is running as it should. Doing these things can keep your AC running well for years and stave off major repair expenses.
If your AC is giving you fits, it could be a problem with the evaporator coil. Check out our evaporator coil services and find out.
When to Call for 24 Hour AC Repair
No one likes the thought of having to call for emergency AC service, but it’s nice to know you have that option when things go wrong. Here are a few scenarios in which you’ll want to call for emergency AC repair.
- Your AC suddenly makes screeching sounds
- You smell burning odors coming from your ducts
- You notice refrigerant leaking
- You have poor or no air flow
All of these are signs of serious issues that should not be ignored. Call an expert for an inspection right away!